Friday, May 11, 2007

Anti-War.com needs help

Please keep going on the King for a Day post, but I wanted to bring up the fact that AntiWar.com is having a fund raising drive. They are on the verge of bankruptcy and need help. If you were frustrated with the mainstream media's lack of information leading up to the Iraq war, then you should know that not only did AntiWar columnists like Ron Paul write and predict the chaos that is now Iraq, others called the lies the government was telling. And just in case you think they're simply anti-Bush, or anti-Republican, they actually started the site to speak out against Clinton's actions in the Balkans and Iraq.
You can read about their history here and their mission here.
If you have a few bucks, consider helping. If not, carry on with your day. Later.
Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.~Joseph Goebbels
No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.~James Madison

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ron Paul was against this war? My gosh, I really need to push for his nomination.

Scott said...

Yeah, he actually predicted a war with Iraq as early as '98 based on Clinton's actions against them.

Anonymous said...

Wow.

I gave props to Paul in my latest post. I need to start doing political posts again.

Peter Wantstobe said...

Just watched the debate, Ron Paul had a poor showing.

Oh well...........

Scott said...

Actually according to this poll he was in first with an incredible 55% of the vote.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18659382/

I just watched the portion where Giullani showed his ignorance debating Paul and I am mad enough to blog about it. Lucky for you all. :)

Crystal Starr said...

WHAT??? I don't think we were watching the same debate then.

Crystal Starr said...

PS I'm looking forward to reading that post Scottage cheese!