Sunday, June 12, 2005

Back

First I'd just like to get this out of the way because I thought this picture was hilarious.



I'm extremely anxious to post my review of Come on Feel the Illlinoise!, but patience is the order of the day.

The trip to Arkansas was a success I suppose since no one was lost or injured. I think everyone had a good time, we did a lot of swimming. I must say, having spent the vast majority of my life north of the Mason-Dixon line, I was some what thrown by the lack of haste in the service at some of the establishments we visited. Heh, well I don't know what else to say about it.

6 comments:

Scott said...

I should also say that I'm hungry and I'm going to try to find something to eat.

Hopefully cereal.

Anonymous said...

So what did you do in Arkansas? Visit the new library? Did you go to the town of "Flippin"? How about Silver Dollar City? That's pretty close to my old stompin' grounds of very very long ago...

Scott said...

Um, mostly we just hung out at the hotel. We didn't really do any of that site seeing touristy stuff.

Crystal Starr said...

We were in the town of Harrison. We did hear of Flippin, I thought that was funny (you know, the name). What do you mean by your old stompin' grounds?

seegeepee said...

I hope you went around pronouncing it "Our-Kansas", as retribution for everyone that says "Illi-Noise" without reference to Sufjan.

Crystal Starr said...

We did go around pronouncing "our-kansas" as a matter of fact. We also asked our Arkansas counsins why they never come up to Chicago to visit us and my one cousin Casey said because he didn't wan' to come up to no flat landed, hippy bunch of tree huggin' city folk. *sigh*

=oD