Monday, August 20, 2007

Super short movie review

Superbad

Uh, not so good.

I came into this thinking it'd be a somewhat original film. Turns out it's about some kids trying to get beer and get girls drunk enough to have sex with them. I somewhat knew it was going to be crude going into it, but I was hoping it wasn't going to operate under the flawed premise that teenagers being crude is inherently funny. This is nothing but an updated American Pie.

Don't get me wrong, Michael Cera really is quite talented and funny and the movie does have plenty of laughs, but the overall product is nothing new.

Well, maybe I was foolish for thinking this would be a little smarter than lol drinky and OMG BOOBIES.

C-

6 comments:

United We Lay said...

We don't go to see movies int he theater anymore becase they're just not worth the money. The only one's we've seen in the past year were Sicko and Harry Potter.

Crystal Starr said...

UWL, we go to the cheap theater by our house that only cost 4$! I totally feel like we wasted our money though I this gross movie.

Crystal Starr said...

*on* this gross movie.

Scott said...

Yeah, I'm not a real big movie buff either. I will get excited if a movie is particularly creative, but those seem to be in short supply in last few years.

Laura said...

I was afraid it was going to be nothing but American Pie with Seth Rogan in it. I think I might wait for this one to hit the Brew n View. Thanks for the headsup.

Anonymous said...

Geez, another American Pie? I think I'll skip this one.