Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The First Ever Tomato Champion

Well the scores for the first round of Tomato points are in and the champion has been named. I know I kind of skipped out over the past few days, but things have been busy for me lately. Here are the final standings:

Sarah: 190 Points
Eric: 164 Points
Sammy: 157 Points
Scott: 138 Points
Sadie: 129 Points
Crystal: 114 Points
Kristen: 110 Points
Steph: 12 Points


Everybody give Sarah a big round of eApplaudes as she is our first ever champion. As promised, each new champion will receive a very special and very valuable prize. This weeks prize for Sarah is recompense for years of suffering and torment from an older sibling. A sibling who is big, tall, and has an oddly shapen head. One who did perform a malicious act many years ago that has left scars to this day.

Sarah, I give you:

Starbrite's Revenge

So the scoring is reset, make sure to stop back next Tuesday for test day and between for quizzes and other opportunities for points.

The new song is actually two songs (lucky for you) by Chicago's own The Detholz! The exclamation point is for emphasis, btw, actually. This is ripped from a live set on WLUW in Chicago in October of 2003. It features an original song by the band and an excellent cover of an old classic.

Enjoy!

13 comments:

Sadie Lou said...

OH

MY.


I must win something like that. I must.
Thank you for sharing Sarah's prize because now I have so much more incentive.
Congratulations Sarah, can I just say one thing?
Screen saver.

Crystal Starr said...

Congratulations Sarah!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

I think Scott should have made that into a button for her blog. Oh and Sarah he was totally laughing at himself the whole time he was drawing it too. Talking about how he has “sweet drawing skills” and all sorts of non-sense. He thought he was some sort of master genius. Oy vey!

Crystal Starr said...

PS I love the Detholz song, FYI!!

Swinging Sammy said...

I must say, it looks a little like a liger.

sdixon82 said...

hahahah! I am laaughing so hard right now! And I'm very glad that you were laughing at yourself. hahaha! oh my! I love it.

sdixon82 said...

Wait a Second, Eric knew his name was twink? All these years and he didn't tell me? Wow, I feel so...dejected.

Oh and don't worry about the posting of the pictures, no hard feelings.

sdixon82 said...

Oh and, btw actually, I didn't like the Detholz song at all. We have way different taste in music. Apperantly . . . I like good music. haha

Swinging Sammy said...

I didn't like the detholtz too much. I am an avid fan of Johnny Cash, and I thought they did a poor job with the cover. I do like the way they say I M A believer, very clever phonetic spelling. I AM A.

hear hear and three cheers for Sarah:
Hip Hip Hoorayyyyy!
Hip Hip Hoorayyyyy!
Hip Hip Hoorayyyyy!

sdixon82 said...

jk, btw, actually.


Yeah, I agree with Sammy, I think they did a poor job with Ring of Fire too. Poor June Carter, she would not like what they did to her song.

sdixon82 said...

Yes, that is the assistant or worship pastor. we've talked to him many times. We are dedicating baby Jack tomorrow and he is heading it up. What's your last name, I will tell him we sudo-know you guys! You should come out to church one Sunday and you can see him. He's a cool guy. He's got a son now, about 9 months old I think. We don't know him too well, stil getting aqquainted with everyone in the church.

Crystal Starr said...

Sarah that's so cool that you know Jon! He is really cool and one of the songs that he wrote, "But if Not", is one of my favorite songs ever. He was a worship leader for Impact (high school youth group) at our church (Willow Creek). I sort of knew him when I served on the production team. He's more friends with Scott's sister and her husband though. I just got an e-mail from him a few weeks ago actually, BTW asking about Emily. He is sooo nice. Tell him hello from the Kunze's!

sdixon82 said...

http://jackthetank.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

hi