Monday, June 26, 2006

Emily update

Hello!

So things with the Tomato scores didn't really take off this round so we'll probably just put that whole project on hold for now. Truth is it takes up a bit of time and I don't really have an abundance of it at the moment. Plus I'm really kinda blog lazy right now.

Anyway, today I took Emily for the first stage of her latest scan. As some of you may know it was originally scheduled for last Friday, but due to a difference in opinions between two of the Doctors at Loyola the scan got delayed until today. There's really not all that much to report. We went to Loyola, Emily drank the radioactive iodine solution that she drank in March, and they did a photo scan of her whole body. In between all that there was the typical waiting in the hospital waiting room for hours stuff that bores the mind into submission.

Tomorrow we'll go back and they'll do another photo scan to measure how much of the solution her thyroid cells (cancer) absorbed. Then we'll do the same thing on Thursday to measure how much she expelled from her body. If the Doctor likes what he sees, we may start the treatments on Thursday.

I had a meeting with the head of Nuclear Medicine at the hospital and he told me that he has been doing research over the course of the last three months to find the best way to treat Emily. He said that he as been thinking of her every day since then. I'm sure it's something he tells a lot of his patients, but I will say that he answers his phone every time I call him. And he's the only Doctor I know that does that. I rather like the man and think he's very good at what he does.

Other than that things are normal. Or at least as normal as life is when your 9 year old has cancer. We went camping this past weekend. I hate camping. End of story.

I love you all very much and consider some of you to be my closest and dearest friends. I leave it up to you to figure which of you is which.

KTHNXBYE

P.S. Who ever is anonymous in the last post is the winner of the Tomato Championship this week. Too bad no one will ever know who it was.

P.S.S. Later I'll post a song in the Songs to Love if I have time and Crystal will let me. (We're suppose to watch Munich)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crystal and Scott,
I will make sure to be extra prayerful this week for your entire family. I hope all goes well and ya'll are able to get the whole radiation thing started ASAP, wouldnt it be awesome though if they did these scans only to find no cancer,Nothing is impossible with God, but hopefully this will all be smooth sailing from here.
Your all in our prayers. Much love,
Bev Adkins

Sadie Lou said...

I will pray for Emily every night this week before I go to sleep. Give her a kiss on her forehead and tell her Auntie Sadie wants her to feel better.
and by the way...
...camping is poo. I HATE it. What kind of moron drags their stuff outside?
sorry.

sdixon82 said...

I'll be praying for emily as well. She's on tough little girl huh? Well, I guess you guys are one tough family!

You guys are literally 5 miles away from me when you go to Loyola.

Oh, and guess what, I accidently left that comment as anonymous and was too lazy to go back and say anything about it. So I guess I did get my win for Satrbrite.

Anonymous said...

Praying for that little girl!!!

Andy said...

You guys are the best.
We all love and admire you.
Go Emily!

Andy

Sadie Lou said...

How was Munich?

Swinging Sammy said...

How bout having the Tomato win the championship this week for having the bravery to go camping with his family?

Still praying for you all and thanks for the update

Crystal Starr said...

New post time!