Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Clinton vs. McCain '08?

It's looking more like it. I know the Democratic nomination is no where near finished but I really think Clinton has it for no other reason than she gets the old vote, and the old are typically the people who decide who our rulers are.

It's astonishing to me that anyone can vote for some of these people, but what really just blows my mind is that the majority of Republicans who are against the Iraq war are voting for John McCain. The guy who wants to stay in Iraq for 100 years. The guy who jokes about bombing Iran. There is a complete lack of principle in the Republican party, which is apparent through the complete disarray the party is in. It's now split up between social conservative, (mostly christian militarists) NeoCons, (mostly military idealists) and a large clump of confused individuals who argue about what it even is to be a "conservative". My theory of why this mass confusion and indecision exists is that the first two groups are not at all "conservative" (that is limited government) in nature and are both much more organized and easy to define than the third. Thus they can wrongly claim to be the true conservative and influence and confuse the third group.

I guess the silver lining to all this is that the foolish Republicans who have been blindly following their party for the past 7 years are now going to get exactly what they fear most and deserve: President Hillary.

"One must always remember, when extolling the virtues of democracy and free elections, that by definition half of the population has below average intelligence." -me

7 comments:

Crystal Starr said...

Yes! When Hillary does get elected I don't want to hear any whining! Republicans had their chance and blew it. I'm annoyed today. And justifiably so.

Scott said...

I think I might even vote for Hillary just to stick it to 'em.

She is, after all, the lesser of two evils between McCain and Clinton. And that's what they tell us we're suppose to waste our vote on!

Crystal Starr said...

Ya, I hear ya. I'm mad too! BUT I'm still writing in RON PAUL I won't EVER vote for the "lesser of two evils" again.

Anonymous said...

Hey what about Obama..he is still running very close to her. I hate this delegate stuff..the way we vote should decide who wins!

Missy

Scott said...

Yeah, he's still in, but I think Hilary is going to win like I said because of the old vote.

Anonymous said...

But Obama is bringing out the younger voters - much more than any other time.

tshsmom said...

I'm with Crystal. I won't vote the lesser of 2 evils anymore. Last time I wrote in "none of the above". At least I proved that I wasn't too apathetic to vote. ;)