Saturday, October 06, 2007

Zombie Tag

Zombieslayer tagged me to motivate me to update my blog. That was like a week a go. lol

The object of this exercise is to list 7 things about myself and elaborate.

1) I am a Christian private property anarchist who, all things being equal, prefers: the Austrian School to the Chicago School, Praxeology to Objectivism, Rothbard to Rand, professional sports to amateurs, Coke to Pepsi, Wendy's to McDonald's, indie music to the RIAA, TV shows to Hollywood movies, and above all love to violence.

2) I am almost entirely socially inept. I've been told most people who know me assume I don't like them very much. While I'm sure that's true in some cases for the most part I love people. I just don't know how to relate to them very well, which I think is why the Internet is so attractive to me. It's not exactly how I want to be though, and I've made attempted to make strides over the past few years to learn why I am the way I am and change it. Which brings me to number 3.

3) I am extraordinarily introspective. I've spent large quantities of time over the past few years examining who I am, what I believe, what I want to be, the way things should be, etc. I ponder these things so frequently hardly a day goes by in which I don't come about something that I think needs to change. A feeling, a reaction, a thought process. I'm so self analytical that it often spills over and I start analyzing other people's thoughts, feelings, and reactions. This doesn't help number two really.

4) I am going to vote for Ron Paul next year. It may very well be the last time I ever vote in an election as I don't really see anyone else with the chance at actually sparking change the way Ron Paul does. I have very little faith for the Republic. I'm incredibly pessimistic about the prospects of liberty and the future of Liberalism in general. I believe the American Empire will be bankrupted in my life time. Sad really.

5) Despite my love for the recent television golden age, I don't have a TV. We haven't had one in about 5 years and I don't really miss it all that much except of the being able to watch the Bears and White Sox. But then that's always a good excuse to head over to my Dad's for a game which I usually enjoy quite a bit. Plus, due to number 2 it's probably good for me to get out of the house once in a while.

6) I've recently fallen in love with Rugby. I've never watched a match before just about three weeks ago when I downloaded a couple of matches from the World Cup that is going on right now. In fact it concluded today but I won't be able to watch it for a few days so PLEASE DO NOT let me know who won if you have any idea at all. Fantastic sport though and I've had an absolute ball watching the games.

7) I'm a big fan of office pranks. In fact I recently wrapped by friend's desk at work and all of his supplies in shrink wrap while he took a day off.


Socially inept, socially inept....

16 comments:

Crystal Starr said...

LOST!!!???? WHAT??? It had like ONE good year...lame. And I HATE ROME!!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU and I love all of these things about you. These are my favorite kinds of posts for you to do! YAY Zombie man!

CyberKitten said...

Interesting list.

scott said: I believe the American Empire will be bankrupted in my life time. Sad really.

It already is - and it's a good thing rather than a sad one.

Oh.. and I agree with you about Coke Vs Pepsi [grin].

Good to see you Blogging again.

Anonymous said...

When you wrap a computer does it die? It needs air.

Love Aunt Missy

Peter Wantstobe said...

I read in the newspaper that your Dad really enjoys it when you come over and watch a game........

Scott said...

Crystal, Lost is annoying to be sure, but it's still pretty fun and interesting so yeah. And Rome is really, REALLY good actually, btw.

k thnx bye


CK,
scott said: I believe the American Empire will be bankrupted in my life time. Sad really.

It already is


I know, but I meant more functionally bankrupt rather than the state we're in now in which we still pretend to be the richest nation, etc, etc....

The funny thing about it is the comptroller of the United States is actually going around the country telling people we're bankrupt, but no one is listening. Oh well.

and it's a good thing rather than a sad one.

I know what you're saying here (I think) you mean it'll put an end to the aggressive nature of empire I take it? I understand and agree, but it's still sad to me when I think about what this nation started as and what it's become.


Missy,

I turned off the computer before I wrapped it so I think* it was okay.






*No computers were harmed in the making of this office prank.

Scott said...

I read in the newspaper that your Dad really enjoys it when you come over and watch a game........

Well it's good to hear that he's famous enough that his enjoyment level is news worthy.

CyberKitten said...

Scott said: I know, but I meant more functionally bankrupt rather than the state we're in now in which we still pretend to be the richest nation, etc, etc....

Pretty much what I meant.

Scott said: I know what you're saying here (I think) you mean it'll put an end to the aggressive nature of empire I take it?

Yup. Luckily several hundred years of darkness won't follow your Fall.

Scott said: I understand and agree, but it's still sad to me when I think about what this nation started as and what it's become.

Indeed. There was a lot of hope their for a while. Shame that it has become so perverted.

Crystal Starr said...

I like your blog countdown thing btw, that's awesome.

dbackdad said...

"I am almost entirely socially inept. I've been told most people who know me assume I don't like them very much." -- While I don't always agree with you, I get you. And you're hardly socially inept.

Despite your goofiness, I like you and respect your opinion. Good to have you back blogging.

Godwhacker said...

Glad to see you posting Scott. I know that we sometimes need to focus on other things, but voices for freedom are rare enough to have some of them silent for too long. While I prefer Rand to Rothbard, I think there is room for both in a universe so big. And while I haven't ever met you in person, I feel like we are already friends.

I went through "official" training for the Paul campaign, and one thing that was stressed is; whatever happens in this campaign, the connections we make are far more important than the outcome of the race.

In fact, if we end up with Giuliani or Clinton in the White House, a strong organization of freedom minded individuals is going to be even that much more important. To that end, please consider me a friend as well. My email is godwhacked@gmail.com

BTW: I once super-glued someone's entire desk and everything on it to the ceiling. I was a bad man :)

Scott said...

Dback, thanks for the kind words. Sorry to see your boys go down against the Rockies but at least they helped me out against the Cubbies.

Godwhacker,

Absolutely. Like I say if you hover over your button on my blog you're like my brother in liberty. A while back I went through some of your older posts and it's amazing how similar our views are.

And right on about the outcome of the race. The whole Revolution is and NEEDS to be bigger than Ron Paul. I see this as a beginning not an end. I think Ron Paul is just the means by which we all found a way to communicate with each other and to future friends of liberty. The movement is so decentralized and organized at the same time I really believe we will have a candidate in every election from here on out.

Godwhacker said...

Thanks Scott... for cool graphics on my link and the kind words. I'm working with the whole state of Florida right now on turning out thousands of RP supporters for the Republican debate in St. Petersburg next month. It's going to be wall to wall Paul! This election isn't over yet, and if we go down, it wont be because of apathy or lack of effort.

Anonymous said...

Scott - Thanks for doing the tag. I missed out on it because I no longer check your blog as often as I used to. Hint hint.

1. I'm ignorant. I need to find out who Rothbard is. I find Rand rather boring. Coke is superior to Pepsi and Wendys is superior to McDonalds. And yes, indie music is superior to RIAA, but I'll take movies over tv shows because commercials drive me crazy. As for love and violence, love them both, but I like my violence controlled (martial arts, football, shooting sports) rather than random.

2. I hate to say it, but I'm a people person. We moved around a lot when I was a kid so I got really good at meeting people. I went to high school in 2 different states.

3. That's actually a good thing. Didn't some famous philosopher say something along the lines of the unexamined life is not worth living? ;)

4. I am too.

5. I don't either. I gave mine to the former blogger Savage and his girlfriend.

6. I've done Thai boxing, MMA, American boxing, rock climbing, and football is my first love. Won't play rugby though. Too dangerous.

7. Heh. Me too.

S.M. Elliott said...

That Wikipedia entry was enlightening for me - "private property" and "anarchism" struck me as mutually exclusive, but I think I get it now.

I don't think office pranks reveal any kind of immaturity or social ineptness. They're just nature's way of keeping us from losing our minds from boredom and/or monotony!

Anonymous said...

SME - I don't think office pranks reveal any kind of immaturity or social ineptness. They're just nature's way of keeping us from losing our minds from boredom and/or monotony!

Agreed, big time!

Eric said...

I think office pranks are a complete detriment and waste of time. Also hot chocolate and water spilled all over are wastes of time as well.