Friday, November 04, 2005

Taggled

I done been tagged by that ol' scoundrel D Brown. Until tonite I've been putting off my response, but procrastination has met it's end!

20 Random Things About Scott:

1) I had my first run in with the law at the age of 7 when I was arrested for violent acts performed with a conduit pipe.

2) I walked into a Starbucks for the very first time in the summer of 2005.

3) I adore music more than about 99.5% of everything else in this world. Probably too much.

4) When I was a freshman in high school I opened my locker one morning to find it had been broken into and swedish meatballs were left covering my books.

5) I wasn't very popular in high school. Or middle school. I think I did okay in elementary school from what I remember.

6) I wish I was a better writer.

7) I wish I was a better singer.

8) I have a tendency to offend people whom I consider to be my friends.

9) I am a libertarian christian. No, that is not an oxymoron.

10) I was born in the seventies.

11) Two people have asked me why my blog is called Tomato.

12) I do not have cable, an antenna, or a satellite. I prefer the Internet over television actually.

13) I generally don't consider what I think to be all that important to other people, though sometimes I tell them anyway.

14) Most of the time I'd rather be doing something else.

15) I'm a sucker for a good PT Anderson film.

16) I don't post in this blog enough for my lovely little wife's tastes.

17) I'm in desperate need of an iPod.

18) I've never understood why the masses worship mediocrity.

19) I average 4-5 hours of sleep per night.

20) I truly love, respect, and look up to my mother.

I don't know enough peeps to have a list of persons to tag so basically if you're reading this and feel like making a list of your own, do it.

New song posted in Songs to Love at the right.

9 comments:

Crystal Starr said...

Hey, I LOVE Everybody Loves Raymond, ding-dong head!

I also really like the Born in the 70s song!

Scott said...

Then you're part of the problem, not the solution.

*shakes head slowly*

I had such high hopes for you dear.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but your run in with the law? You were 4, 5 at the most.
Already a hardened criminal.

Swinging Sammy said...

I love the links on the masses love mediocrity one (#18) fantastic!

Crystal Starr said...

Me too Samwise!

Honey pie did I mention that I think the title of your blog is SO cute, "Taggled"? It makes me giggle.

seegeepee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
seegeepee said...

RYC:
I suppose I'd define a "Liberaltarian" as a Libertarian with a healthy dose of Liberal guilt. I thought I'd made it up, actually, but Googling it proved otherwise. Basically, I agree with Libertarians on many points, and identify more with their philosophy than either the Republicans or Democrats. This includes: the protection of personal freedoms (incuding 2nd Amendment rights), abolition of censorship, legalization of at least some substances that are currently illegal, and doing everything possible to shrink bloated Governmental bureaucracy. However, I am not in favor of abolishing and/or 100% privatizing Welfare, Social Security, and numerous other social programs. I mistrust Big Government, but I mistrust Big Business to an equal, if not greater, degree, especially where environmental and animal-rights issues are concerned. I'm also not in agreement with the Libertarian Party's current "official" platform on abortion, though that actually detracts from the Liberal side of the scale.
So really, I'm an Independent with a bunch of different positions on things, some of which may actually cancel each other out if you think about it too hard. I wouldn't recommend doing so.

dbrown said...

Calling U2 and Coldplay mediocre?!?

What kind of monster are you??

Crystal Starr said...

New post time you big monster!